UNIV 57th Annual International University Congress
March 22 – April 1, 2024
For high school seniors and college students
What is UNIV?
The annual UNIV Congress brings together thousands of students from around the world for Holy Week in Rome. UNIV offers participants a variety of academic, cultural, and spiritual activities as well as the chance to see the sites in Rome. Through lectures, discussions, and visits to historical sites, students are exposed to the lives and ideas of the great men and women who have lived in Rome, past and present.
Application and Payment Information
- Application deadline: February 1, 2024.
- Conference submission deadline: February 20, 2024.
- Cost: $1,100 (covers lodging, meals, and transportation while in Rome). The cost does not cover airfare or pocket spending money.
- Deposit: A $200 deposit is due at the time of application.
- Payment deadline: The full balance for the trip is due by March 1, 2024.
- Making payments: To make a payment, click on the “Payment” tab above and follow the instructions.
Questions: For more information about the UNIV trip, contact Justin Reckart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the UNIV Congress: See univforum.org.
UNIV 2024: “The Human Factor”
A highlight of the week is the academic conference that gathers students from over 40 countries to discuss fundamental issues facing humanity today. It offers a unique academic and cultural experience for those who wish to reflect on significant world issues in an international setting.
The main sessions of the conference take place on Tuesday, March 26 at the Pontifical University of the Holy Cross. The theme for this year’s conference is “The Human Factor.” For more information, visit univforum.org.
Participation in the UNIV Conference
In addition to attending the presentations of the conference, all students are encouraged to participate more formally in the conference by submitting a paper, a video, or a work of art or participating in one of a number of competitions. Partial scholarships of $300 are awarded to students whose submissions are accepted by the conference. Please note that group submissions earn a single $300 scholarship to be shared among the group members. All submissions must be made by February 20, 2024. In addition to submitting your work directly to the UNIV Forum, please also send it to email@example.com to be considered for the scholarship. Students will be notified of submission acceptance and will be awarded the accompanying scholarship in March.
Ways to participate in the UNIV Conference
- Research Paper: Submit and present a research paper. More details will soon be available here.
- Video: Submit a 5-10 minute video reflecting the theme of the UNIV conference. More details will soon be available here.
- Artwork: Submit a work of visual, literary, or performing art. More details will soon be available here.
- Social Initiatives: Submit a short video about a social initiative to compete for a grant. More details will soon be available here.
- Debates: Participate in a team debate competition. More details will soon be available here.
- Case Competition: Compete in a business case competition. More details will soon be available here.
The U.S. group will leave for Rome on Friday, March 22 and return on Monday, April 1. A number of days will be spent seeing the historical and cultural sites of Rome. The group will also participate in many of the Holy Week services and activities taking place in Rome during those days. Traditionally, the group attends an audience with Pope Francis and a get-together with the Prelate of Opus Dei, Msgr. Fernando Ocáriz.
Some of the sites to be visited:
- Roman Forum
- St. Peter’s Basilica (and other major basilicas)
- Vatican Museum
- Piazza Navona
- Piazza del Popolo
- Piazza di Spagna
- Scavi tour (subject to ticket availability)
- Major churches in Rome
UNIV is sponsored by the Institute for University Cooperation (Instituto per la Cooperazione Universitaria – ICU). Founded in 1966 to foster cultural, scientific, and educational exchanges world-wide, ICU annually brings together university students, educators, and leading professionals to discuss important issues of the day. The U.S. trip to UNIV is organized and sponsored by YSI.