Leadership Camp Pennsylvania: Staff & Counselor Information
Dates for Counselors (including training): June 15 – 26, 2022
Being a Counselor at the Leadership Camp
The Leadership Camp is an action-packed, one-week overnight summer camp for entering 6th – 8th grade boys. Drawing upon decades of experience, the camp aims to help boys develop the skills and virtues necessary to be a leader. In order to achieve this goal, the staff is crucial. The Leadership Camp is looking for counselors who stand out for their maturity, work ethic, spirit of service, and desire to grow in personal character.
Counselors spend a week in the summer serving a group of campers. The Leadership Camp rests on the idea that one cannot give what one does not have. Therefore, both during the preparatory workshop and the camp itself, counselors receive training in their job and advice and encouragement about how to develop their own character. Additionally, spiritual activities – such as daily Holy Mass, the Rosary, and times of prayer – are offered for those interested.
Becoming a staff member is a selective process. Those interested in applying should send in the application and additional materials, which are explained below.
All positions will be selected by camp staff during camp preparation workshop just before camp begins.
- Senior Counselors: Responsible for a team of about 10 campers and 2 junior counselors. Must be entering college or in college.
- Junior Counselors: Assistant to a Senior Counselor on a team of about 10 campers. Must be entering junior in high school or older.
- Logistics Staff (“Mariachi”): Responsible for all logistics and material set-up during the camp. Must be entering junior in high school or older.
June 15 – 26, 2022
- The first days, June 15 – 18, consist of a mandatory preparatory workshop, held at the campground.
- The camp itself runs from June 19 – 25.
- Counselors will need to stay at the campground a day later than campers in order to clean up from the camp. Departure will be in the morning on June 26.
- Thus, all staff should plan on being at the camp from June 15 – 26. Inability to stay for these dates may affect acceptance decisions.
After your initial application is processed, you may be asked to write a short essay.
For those who are over 18 or will have their 18th birthday prior to June 15, please fill out and send the background check authorization form (download here) at the time of application. Applications will not be considered complete until this form is received. Scan and email this form to email@example.com.
Applications are due by April 15, 2022. Notification of acceptances will be emailed out starting on April 16, 2022.
Room & Board: None for the camp, as you will stay in a rustic and well-built red cabin and your camp meals will be provided gratis.
Travel: All staff should cover travel expenses to and from the camp.
For More Information
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-214-8419 (please leave a voicemail, and we will get right back to you).