High School & Beyond (Pittsburgh, PA)
Session 1: June 7 – 13, 2020
Session 2: June 14 – 20, 2020
Both sessions take place in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Application & Payment Information
- Click here for the online application form
- Applications received by April 30, 2020 will be given priority.
- Send a $25 non-refundable deposit at the time of application.
- Notification of acceptances will be mailed out beginning May 8, 2020.
- For those accepted, balance of payment should be paid by May 29, 2020. Deposit will apply toward cost.
- Payments should be made online by clicking on the “Payment” tab above.
Why High School & Beyond?
As you begin high school, college may seem like something in the far distant future. It is not. Before long, you will be taking the SAT, going to college fairs, and poring meticulously over applications. Your options in choosing colleges will be determined by your performance in high school, which begins with your freshman year. A smart entering 9th grader will begin planning his high school career before he even walks through the school doors on the first day of class.
High School & Beyond is a program designed to help responsible students make the most of their high school years and maximize their college opportunities. It makes use of a well-crafted curriculum combining lectures, readings, discussions, strategy games, and team sports. The program challenges students to think critically and to establish goals and pursue them energetically.
High School & Beyond also emphasizes the need to grow in character at the same time as one develops one’s intellectual life. The program promotes the idea that one’s high school career should be seen not only as an opportunity to pursue self-development, but also, and more importantly, as an opportunity to learn to put one’s talents at the service of others—in short, to become a leader.
The one-week program will include daily Mass and times of prayer for those interested.